We’re spending big money on medications that are supposed to treat or prevent any kind of disease, but they often fail to impress or are downright ineffective. Additionally, some pills can cause quite a lot of damage to the body and are responsible for even greater diseases than the ones they’re trying to treat. This is why many people are moving to alternative natural medicine, and there are plenty of reasons why.
Although natural remedies sure need more time to work than medications, they work with no adverse side-effects and are safer for our health, not to mention cheaper. There are different remedies which cost next to nothing and can treat a wide range of health problems. Take cilantro for example – the herb has been used as part of folk medicine for centuries, mainly against high cholesterol levels, diabetes, pancreas and liver problems and excess fat on the body.
Here are some of the main health benefits of cilantro:
- Prevents the accumulation of fat in the tissues;
- Prevents the accumulation of oxalates in the kidneys and the formation of kidney stones;
- Improves digestion;
- Treats and prevents conjunctivitis;
- Regulates your blood sugar levels;
- Improves the work of your liver;
- Has antiseptic properties which work great against ulcers;
- Prevent numerous eye problems;
- Is a powerful diuretic;
- Treats diarrhea and other digestive problems.
If you’re suffering from kidney stones and have no clue how to resolve them, there’s a simple cilantro-based remedy that can help. Here’s what you need to do:
- A pot of water
- A handful of coriander and parsley
Like with any other tea, boil the water then add the chopped herbs in it and simmer on low heat for 5 minutes. Leave the tea to cool down, strain it then drink it cold or warm. You can make a bigger amount of the tea and keep it in the fridge for a nice refreshing treat. Drinking the cilantro tea regularly will prevent the formation of kidney stones, while also improving your overall health.
Article and image source: https://homeremediesgarden.com