Stiff muscles and joints are among the first signs of health deterioration caused by aging and there’s not much we can do about it, as it’s an inevitable process we all must go through. Many doctors actually conduct flexibility tests to determine one’s real age as our age in numbers doesn’t always reflect the age of our body. Many times an active 40-year-old can be much younger than a 22-year-old who isn’t active and spends all his days on the couch.
How to Reverse the Aging Process by Improving Your Flexibility?
Our body is connected via blood vessels which transport nutrients to all of our organs and cells so that we can function properly and avoid any problems. If we don’t stretch our muscles often we risk collapsing this circuit of blood vessels and restrict the blood flow to our organs, leading to a limited supply of energy and causing us to feel lethargic and low on energy all the time. If you want to prevent this from happening you need to stretch regularly and this will help you preserve your overall health in optimal condition.
The first step towards reversing the aging process is deep breathing exercises, stretching and proper hydration. After a while you can start adding other healthy routines to your daily regimen and start regaining your strength and nourishing your health until you reach a better-looking, younger version of self you’ll feel comfortable with.
7 Basic Rules for Effective Stretching
- Always stretch slowly and gently, never rush it as you may end up hurting yourself.
- Don’t bounce while you stretch, make sure you move from one position into another through gentle, continuous motions.
- Remember to breathe deep.
- Take advantage of gravity and never stretch forcefully. Allow your body to sink deeper naturally into the stretch.
- Make sure you’re completely stress-free and relaxed while you do it. You may even close your eyes and enhance this feeling.
- Stay in every stretching pose for at least 20 seconds for maximum effect.
- It’s much more important to keep good form than stretch deeper..
Health Benefits from Stretching
- It reverses the aging process
- It boosts your energy
- It boosts your circulation
- It tones and sculpts your muscles
- It improves your posture
- It lowers your stress levels
- It can alleviate your pains and aches caused by aging
- It lowers your risk of injuries
Article and image source: https://www.healthdigezt.com